Sacred Heart School, Tatura is an educating community of living witnesses working in partnership with families, inspiring strength through faith and love.
At Sacred Heart School we believe:
In celebrating our Catholic faith in a life-giving community of witnesses who serve God and society.
- We will teach explicitly, foster and model the Gospel values of Jesus Christ including reconciliation, honesty, trustworthiness, service, compassion and peace.
- We will facilitate an awareness , deeper understanding and appreciation of the seven sacraments with special emphasis on Baptism, Eucharist, Reconciliation and Confirmation through parish, family, school, class and individual involvement in Masses and Liturgies.
- We use the Source of Life to provide an enriching and vital Religious Education curriculum.
In fostering open and supportive relationships with families as the primary educators of their children.
- We encourage ongoing and open communication between school and home.
- We will provide opportunity for families to participate in school life.
- We will support families through the provision of parent programs and specialist services where appropriate.
In actively ensuring that all children have the right to feel safe and be safe in all school environments and outside school hours.
- The wellbeing of children in our care will be always our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse.
- We aim to create a child safe and child friendly environment where children feel safe and are free to enjoy life to the full without any concernfor thier safety.
- Our commitment to Child Safety is supported by policies, procedure and practices.
In educating the whole child in a learning environment where teamwork and collaboration are central so that each child becomes a valuable contributor to society.
- Provide a comprehensive and varied curriculum that includes academic, spiritual, cultural, artistic and sporting endeavours.
- Provide all children with individual and team responsibilities and recognise a range of accomplishments at assembly and on the newsletter.
- Utilise co-operative learning in classrooms including partner, small groups and teams. Whole school collaboration will be evident through productions, Masses, the fete and sporting events.
In providing a curriculum which cultivates effective life long learners through commitment to informed, current teaching and learning practice.
- We will keep up to date with current best practice in learning and teaching through ongoing Professional Development in accordance with VELS.
- We will encourage active participation in authentic learning experiences by catering for different abilities.
- We will encourage and affirm creativity/innovation and independence in learning. Students will be encouraged to set achievable goals to direct their own learning.
- We will provide opportunities to celebrate and reflect on their learning/ achievements.
In building relationships based upon mutual respect, trust and care in an environment of justice, equality, compassion and hope.
- We will model justice and fairness in student behaviour management.
- We will foster and promote honest and open communication with students and families.
- We will actively foster friendship and compassion in our school community.
- We will provide opportunities to participate in social justice activities (especially Caritas and Catholic Missions).
- We will promote a positive , happy and secure environment where children feel confident to actively contribute.